Tuesday, 26 January 2010

2nd life Work

How have I chosen to represent myself in 2nd life? 

I have chosen to represent an alter ego version of myself because I felt it would be a novel idea to represent a character that is the complete opposite to my real self, purely for fun. This is so I can portray a completely new persona that allows me to take myself out of the real world and become someone completely different, which I guess is the purpose of second life. 

What can you do in 2nd life? 

You can do practically anything in second life, anything is possible. It has become a great platform for multi media convergence, where TV shows and popular games can create worlds to emulate the television show, such as Gossip Girl. There are opportunities to make real time money from industry, and especially the growing world of the avatar sex industry in which ordinary people can create alter ego's that legally sell their avatar services and body for money, more simply creating an escort industry. 
You can create an entirely different world in second life, create the alternate reality you always wanted to live or create a completely new world where you live out your deepest, darkest desires and fantasies.

Who owns 2nd life? and who funds it? 

Second life was created by linden labs and therefore they own the rights the software, the whole second life world is funded by monthly subscriptions that allow for fasters downloads and greater opportunities to build upon your own world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment